GreenWay Orientation and Interpretive Signage Project
Created on 28 February 2012
Over the next six months the GreenWay Sustainability Project in collaboration with key stakeholders will be developing a family of orientation and interpretive signs along the length of the Iron Cove to the Cooks River GreenWay.
The key objectives of the Signage Project include:
- Improving the legibility and identity of the corridor to create a sense of place and in turn enable users to feel confident in using and navigating along the GreenWay;
- Increasing public awareness and appreciation of the natural, cultural and historical values of the GreenWay corridor;
- Improving the visual appearance and identity of the area and create a sense of cohesion and continuity across the length of the corridor;
- Complimenting the aesthetics of the natural area and surroundings;
- Interpreting important information about local heritage, cultural and biodiversity values in the corridor;
- Ensuring that input from key stakeholders (partner Councils and the community) is considered and incorporated throughout the Project.
Please refer to the GreenWay website for future updates on this Project.